All good things must come to an end.

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this....I simply wasn't able to put into words the emotions and everything I was feeling yesterday.  We lost our game to Chinese Taipei 2-1, booting us out of the tournament.  Not only did it mark the end of our tournament, but also the end of my career on the Canadian Junior National Team.  Chinese Taipei came out with more fire and energy than us, and unfortunately it was reflected in the score.  Although it was sad knowing our run at becoming the 2011 Junior World Champions was over, this trip was so much more than that.  I was able to meet amazing people, tour the beautiful country of South Africa, and play the sport I love for an entire three weeks.

Since we were no longer playing games, we had the entire day off to spend with our families.  My Dad, Karissa, Natalie W. and I all spent this morning climbing Table Mountain.  Table Mountain is one of the seven natural wonders of the world and is absolutely spectacular.  (I'll upload pictures soon!)  It is a crazy hot spot for tourists and visitors, with a gondola that takes passengers both up and down the mountain for about $12 American each way.  Instead, we decided to climb the mountain.  Being athletes and thinking we could accomplish just about anything, we didn't take the easy, walking/hiking route...we took the route titled "India Venster".  This path was hidden behind a few bushes and was claimed to be for "experts only".  Although none of us are expert rock climbers or mountaineers by any stretch of the imagination, we were up for the challenge.  Little did we know, many people had died taking this path up to the top of the mountain......

Anyways, the climb was far from easy. We began our climb at 7:30AM, but man was it HOT outside!  We were taking water breaks constantly and my shirt was drenched within the first fifteen minutes.  The scenes were breathtaking as we climbed along the side of the mountain, stopping to pose for pictures every so often.  Once we reached the top, it was almost anticlimactic, for what we had experienced in the previous two hours was truly unforgettable and the experience of a lifetime.

Now I have to start packing up my things....no point in further delaying the inevitable.  We're heading to Cape Town airport tomorrow morning...I can't believe we're already heading back to North America :(

I'll have more tomorrow - this was just a little piece to hold you over.

Thank you all so much for your continued support.

GO CANADA!

Victoria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram vs. Reality?: A Female Athlete’s Road to Recognition

Pan-American Games

Until Next Summer.....