¡Audios Guadalajara!


Hey Everyone!


I can't believe it...Our whirlwind of a trip is over :(  Two weeks later, I find myself back in Seattle and back to my "regular" life. 

Our last few days in Guadalajara were hectic to say the least.  We played three games in less than twenty four hours to win ourselves the silver medal.  I couldn't be more proud of my teammates for coming out strong against Venezuela, winning 11-1, getting revenge against Cuba 4-0 (Cuba beat us in pool play 4-1), and finally taking on the USA once again for what seemed like the hundredth time this summer, eventually losing 11-1.  That being said, we were proud of ourselves.  Our primary goal in coming to Guadalajara was getting to that game, that gold medal game, and having the opportunity to compete for gold. 

Our spirits were high after losing that final game.  Although it wasn't "Oh Canada" playing as we stood on the podium watching the flags rise, we realized what we had accomplished and the things we can accomplish as a team. World Championships are next year, in Whitehorse, Yukon. Having been there twice now with the National Team, I know they will put on an event to remember.  I can not wait to finally represent Canada at a huge home event, in front of our own fans and supporters.
---
For our last night in Mexico, our team went to this amazing Mexican place called something Coyote (I can't remember the name). The venue was amazing and the food was even better.

Once we were back in the International Village, we finally were able to spend some time with athletes from other countries. Every night (apparently) there was music, both American and Spanish, playing in a concert-like area where the athletes all got together to mingle and dance. Because the village shut down each night at about 10:30 PM, we were only able to catch the last few songs of the night, both of which happened to be American!  By the end of the playlist, the lights turned on and I took a look around.  Alongside my teammates were softball players from the USA, Venezuela, and Cuba.  Mixed in with the familiar faces were a few dozen male athletes including a few basketball players from the Dominican Republic, soccer players from Argentina and track stars from Jamaica.  We were all having so much fun, enjoying the music and living in the moment, with the stress of the games completely lifted off of our shoulders.  I couldn't have pictured a more perfect way to conclude and complete our Pan-American Games experience. 

Overall, Guadalajara was truly unbelievable. I couldn't have asked for a better team, coaching staff, support staff, or venue. It's a trip I will never forget and I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to partake in such an event.

After leaving Guadalajara at 2:30AM local time, I finally arrived in Seattle at around 3:30PM, proudly sporting the red and white from head to toe.  Less than an hour later, I was with my Dawg family once again, in the weight room, preparing and bettering myself for what lies ahead.  

Now the countdown to Cape Town, South Africa begins.  After (American) Thanksgiving, the Canadian Junior National team will travel to Cape Town, South Africa for The U-19 World Championships. We had a great summer together and I can't wait to see what is in store for this team. The championship runs from December 6-17 and we will compete against the national teams of Japan, Australia, Puerto Rico, China, Chinese Taipei, Argentina, Botswana, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Czech Republic and South Africa. Hmmmm, let's see 1, 2, 3, 4...14 plus Canada equals 15 teams. Who am I missing? Oh, right, the United States! More information is available at www.jwwc2011.co.za

I am so grateful for this opportunity to represent my country, for it is truly changing my life.  

Thank you everyone for your love and support.

Gooo Canada!

Love,

Victoria




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram vs. Reality?: A Female Athlete’s Road to Recognition

Pan-American Games

Until Next Summer.....